Tuesday, September 29, 2009

In Chains or Simply Losing It?

Do you ever feel like there are two of you? Like one of them is actually going through the motions of life, walking, breathing, eating, speaking, while the other one is trapped somehow? I kind of remember being like this when I was numb, but then it was much more obvious and I was in control of both "me's" (for lack of anything better to call it). However, now, it feels like the 2nd "me" is trapped, like there is some sort of barrier from letting her out, it's almost as if it's my soul & it's in chains. I'm not even sure if this makes sense, but I just fully realized it tonight. I was walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take my contacts out before bed and I was fully aware that I was having a conversation with my sister while totally thinking of something totally unrelated, and I was able to do both fully without one interrupting the other. Then, as I was brushing my teeth, I realized that I wasn't really feeling the toothbrush in my mouth, nor was I really controlling my arm doing the movements. It was incredibly freaky and even as I sit here and type, I can feel the difference between the two. If anyone else understands this or has had it happen, I would really appreciate feedback on this because I've never experienced this before and it's really weird. It's almost as if I'm watching myself live life, but from the inside I guess? It's all just so weird. =/

No comments: