Sunday, September 13, 2009

Know the Things that God Speaks are True

Ages ago, I found a photo somewhere, I don't even know where, but I had saved it to my flashdrive and just found it again yesterday. What it says struck me then, and it still strikes me when I read it now. One of those times was just the other day. I was kind of feeling a little glum and not sure why so I'm like, "Okay Heidi told me to run after Jesus, so I'm going to do that. I know He is here because He said He will always be here. Just because I do not see Him or feel Him does not mean He isn't here." This thought occured to me several days ago, last week sometime, and then I found the photo & it really hit me that I wasn't truly believing all the things God said as true. For example, I have always listened to & believed the lies about the way I look. When God said I was beautiful, I didn't believe Him. Anyway, the exact wording of this photo really really convicted me & hit me hard. I couldn't NOT blog about it. The exact wording is as follows:

"the promises of God are true.
the things He speaks are true.
if i don't see them
if they don't seem to be coming to pass
He is testing my faith
KNOW the things God speaks
are
true."

Because of this, I've been re-examining myself and my heart and the things I believe and live. I went to the library at my church, which is quite extensive for donations only, hundreds of books easily, and I checked out about 20 books. Ones to help me grow, ones to confirm my faith, ones to give me knowledge.

I'm ready for God.
The season of darkness is over.
The season of light is beginning.

I am ready.

No comments: