Saturday, October 10, 2009

God...With Us?

A.W. Tozer was a great man. Not because he was smart, not because he had wealth, not because he did great things. No. He was all of this in different ways yet he was still a great man. Why was he so great?? He pursued God. He longed to know the embrace of the Savior. His heart's desire was to see God face-to-face. And he gave it his all.

I know many of my blogs lately have been about God or spiritual matters and I do not apologize for it, but I do feel I must offer an explanation. I have been reading a book titled "The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer and it is changing my life. Ever chapter, every paragraph, every thought every LINE is rocking my world.

I am learning what it really means to want to know God. To want Him. To see Him. To pursue Him with my whole heart. Sure I stumble and fall but I am learning and I'm learning so SO much that it's all so amazing. Every time something new strikes me, I am left in awe of God with greater intensity than the time before.

Let me explain some of this in detail :)

My most recent example of this involves something I read today.

First of all think of this: God is with us.

Okay, sure, most Christians know this fundamental and realize yeah, okay, the Holy Spirit resides within me when I choose for Christ to become my Savior and I repent and give myself to Him. It's not really that simple and easy, nor do many (may I venture further and say most?) Christians really grasp this fact.

Example: I have gone to church my entire life. I have always believed and it has kind of been the thought that God & heaven are above us, as if God were looking down on us and that He is far away from us, though He intervenes in our daily lives.

This my friends is TOTALLY misguided thinking!!
Get this now because this is where I am TOTALLY in awe!!

THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IS PARALLEL TO OUR OWN.

Emmanuel. God WITH us.

Heaven is not some place far above us, away from us.
God is not looking down on us (only) far removed from our lives and problems.

God is HERE.
WITH us.
ALWAYS.

For some reason, today, that particular thing really gripped me. The fact that the spiritual world is parallel with our own and not removed from us. Well, in a way it is still separated, but it's also HERE. When you think about that and wrap your mind around it, especially if, like me, it's your first time ever really thinking about it deeply that way, and you really let it GRIP you, you just might be in awe like I was and am :)

Everytime I learn something new about God, I just get more and more in awe and in love with Him. Living life this way is wonderful and I never want anything to change this. I'm glad no one or nothing can separate me from His love.

Okay I'ma shuddup now :P

I guess I'm just in SUCH a good mood cuz I have so much praise for God.

I got a call for the 2nd job interview.
My computer is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is just good.
God is amazing.

And it's midnight and tomorrow is church so I'm going to bed now =) Goodnight all! And uh...hopefully...I can figure out how to fix the comments thing =/ I don't know WHY you all can't leave comments but it annoys me greatly cuz I do not recall EVER changing it. Urg. I'll work on that. Any help would be appreciated! Much love to all of my faithful blog readers...a certain Star that Wanders especially ;-) ♥

2 comments:

Cara said...

I'm leaving a comment! Yay!

I'm excited for all the revelation you are getting. Keep seeking Him.

Elraen said...

Let's see if it will actually let me post a comment... *crosses fingers*

Thanks for sharing this-- I really need to keep reading this book, now homework's slowed down a bit. It's incredible when you realize how... present God is, I guess. That He's not an idea, an abstract, or separated by a distance. He's here.

And I needed the reminder today. Thanks. *hugs* Love you. :-)