Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Beauty that is Children

This is the "why-I-love-kids-so-much" blog. lol.

Last night, right as I sat down to eat dinner, a friend from church calls & asks me if I'd be able to watch his kids til 9-9:30 that night. Since I had absolutely no plans, I agreed and ate quickly, heading on over as soon as I could, per his request. Now, Jim is a great guy & I really got to know him during our mission trip to Alabama since he was the crew encourager on my crew the SORE THUMBS! ha ha oh good times =] well anyway, me him and Ashley all got to be pretty close during that week since we were on the same crew working long hours in the roasting, baking sun and it was so cool because, before that, I'd never really known him at all, like, you know how you know OF someone but don't really know them? it was kinda like that. Anyway, we bonded quite a bit and that was cool, so when he called me I was pretty excited, they have 5 kids and a huge house and it's just one of those homes that you love to be in because it's so happy and family like know what I mean? So even though my throat hurt, I'm like this is going to be a good night!

So I get to there house & I find out I'm only watching the youngest two, S & A. S is 5 and a boy and A is 7 and a girl. I remember when those 2 were born =) It's so crazy for me to be babysitting them when I remember them as babies! lol. But that's that. So Jim & his wife leave with their 2 oldest (I think they went to a football game) and I decided to get to know the kids so they'd be more comfortable with me (S really wasn't at all, well I don't think A was either, but she was much better than S, he kept running to Jim and wanting hugs...it didn't help that the kids really hadn't met me before that lol) and since it was my first time at the house I had the kids play tour guide (kids absolutely LOVE to play tour guide) and I found out where their bedrooms were and store in my memory the things I'd need for later at bedtime.

After we finished the "tour" of the upstairs, we all trooped downstairs and pretty much the kids just watched tv all night. We had a great adventure with Buff, the dog, who likes to chew things. Like...it was ridiculous. Jim told me later that whenever him & his wife leave, Buff chews up EVERYTHING and they don't really know why. So he demolished the toliet paper, a shoe, half a pillow and various other things. The kids kept feeding him hotdogs any time he got something he wasn't supposed to have so that he'd drop the thing and just eat the hotdog, but in my mind I kept thinking that that's positive reinforcement and it's not a very good way to change the behavior but oh well it's not my dog. lol. After we had pretty much put up high everything Buff could get into, we all settled down for an episode of Full House before the kids had to get ready for bed. Well, before they brushed their teeth, I let them have a snack (lol isn't that what babysitters do? :P ) and they asked for hot chocolate with marshmallows so I said okay cuz there's nothing really wrong with that and A made it which was kind of surprising to me cuz she's only 7 but she's VERY independent so that was cool to watch. Then the teeth were brushed and upstairs to bed we went!

As I tucked the kids in, they had to make sure they each had their own fans (in my opinion, it would have been just cozy WITHOUT fans but whatever lol) and then A, the 7 year old asked me if I was going to pray with them before bed like her dad does. I'm like...okay...Jim didn't mention this...I wonder how they pray, cuz you know, some parents teach "now i lay me" and some just pray like they normally would so I asked A if she wanted to go first and she said "no i always go last" so i'm like of course, that just figures lol and the S said he would go first and i'm like "ok" and he does and then they tell me it's my turn so i'm like "ok" and i pray and then A starts thanking God for her family and praying that her mom and dad and family get home safe and something about visiting her cousins soon and then she goes "and i pray that (she looks at me and goes "whats your name again?" and i'm like "miss liz") and she goes "Miss Liz" has a good day tomorrow and thank you for letting her watch us cuz she was fun and nice...in Jesus' name amen!" and I just wanted to go "aww!!!" but instead I said goodnight & went downstairs to wait for the parents to get home.

Kids are adorable.
I love them SOO much!!
That is why my job is perfect for me ^_^
Which reminds me I need to go shower & get ready for work soon. yay!

Until next time my faithful blog readers, peace! ♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute, brea was the same way when I babysat her and had her in promiseland such heart!