Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lifest Blog: Days 2, 3 and 4

Day 2: Community

Day 2 I met up with some really amazing people...it was a day of connections.

While checking out the booths in the marketplace, I ran across a TWLOHA booth. My wallet was instantly out because I support that cause immensely. If you don't know what it is, www.twloha.com find out it is amazing.

As I finished purchasing my merch, I moved on to look for other things and I ran into the NorthWestern College booth--and a friend from 2 years ago!! She remembered me and we chatted for awhile and then I was off to catch Decemberadio peform.

While at Decemberadio, I ran into Chris Smalley, good friend and drummer for my favorite local band, Isaiah 42:10. He got me in contact with some other Isaiah friends and we all hung out until Barlowgirl. Our group consisted of me, Abbie (paramedic NOT nurse lol), Cindi (a 16 year old trapped in a 45 year old's body), Aaron (the new Peter Furler), his 2 little daughters, Ben (jailbird) and some of the time, Chris and his son.

Through their love and acceptance while at Lifest, God showed me just what I had been missing by continually locking myself in my room without contact to the outside world. I was afraid to trust and it had cost me. I was lonely and not really trusting anyone anymore. So many important friendships had been destroyed, letting new people in to my life seemed so impossible.

...But with God, ANYTHING is possible and without even trying, I let these people into my life and began hanging out with them each day. Our group was fun, and inseperable and the definition of community.

Never will I forget rapping to Tobymac's "Jesus Freak" with Ben and finding a friend who knew all the words and could rock just as good as me =)

Day 3: something a little different

The day began with me meeting the others to see Thor Ramsey, a comedian I'd heard of but never seen before. What an amazingly funny guy! I laughed like I had not for 2 years.

After Thor, we were all roasting so we took off for this nearby park with a lake and had the most fun time splashing and building a monster sandcastle together. We collected sea-glass from the lake and the 2 girls thought it was the most amazing treasure. Since the water we was freezing, and we were dying of heat, it was a perfect combination. Finally we showered and then went back for part of David Crowder*band and supper.

After that, we went and waited vigilantly for RED!!!

Front row center baby! Less than 3 feet away from the stage! We totally rocked that concert and then took off for bed while the thunderstorms rolled in. Needless to say, we were completely exhausted! 3 nights of insane moshing and we weren't done yet!!

Day 4: Revelations

Day 4 consisted of Tim Hawkins, an apologetic speaker, Stellar Kart and a VERY moving Third Day headlining show.

God really moved in me during Third Day. The songs "Revelation", "Cry Out to Jesus", and "Call My Name" mostly had me really in tune with God. In the song "Revelation" I really cried out, looking for answers because I knew my life was not going in the right direction. I sang with all my soul, "give me a revelation, show me what to do, cuz I've been trying to find my way, I haven't got a clue. tell me should I stay here, or do I need to move? Give me a revelation, cuz I've got nothing without You." it was the words of my soul in song form.

Once I got home, I had a God-given dream and a God-breathes conversation that were both so encouraging to the choices I need to make. [[to the person I had the conversation with, 1. thank you SO much for talking...God spoke through you to me so clearly I might as well have been smacked on the head with a frying pan and 2. November cannot come quickly enough for me :) ]]

That night I had much deep thought and many questions for God and myself.

No comments: