Monday, July 20, 2009

Another Skillet Dream?? What does THIS one mean???

Hmm funny...I had another Skillet dream last night too...but it was really weird & didn't make a whole ton of
sense...like, the members of Skillet and I were on the run from the government...we were being tracked cuz
we were spreading the gospel and Scotty had turned on the band and was leading the search to find us lol.
They kept trying to track Ben through his iphone cuz they said he couldn't go very long without it *laughs*
which may or may not be true in real life... :P

and we were all muddy from running through this swamp to try & get them to lose our trail and ended up at
this cabin in the woods which was John's dad's brother's "up north" cabin (according to my dream LOL) and
Korey was hiding there with Alex & Xav (cuz it was me and Ben and Jen and John and Chu who were on the
run, we had gone to try and get food supplies & stuff or something like that) and we got back & Alex & Xav
came out & yelled "Daddy!!" and hugged John and it was an "aww" moment for everyone then since it was dark
the kids went inside to go to bed and so did Jen & Ben and I volunteered to sit up & be on watch that night so
John could spend time with Korey and so I was sitting outside and gazing at the stars and doing some writing
and drawing in my journal. I remember very distinctly that I was doodling with lyrics from the last night & whispers
(cuz I was inspired by the stars outside) and as I'm drawing, I started praying/talking to God out loud and saying
stuff about how thankful I was to be serving Him even though it had me hiding away from those I loved and then
I started thanking God for the amazing people I was helping out because they were the reason I was a Christian and
as I was just starting to get really emotional while praying, I heard a twig snap behind me and I jumped up, getting
ready to freak out & the next thing I know John has his hand over my mouth and he's going "shh! it's just me, it's okay"
and I calmed down and he let go and he goes "I couldn't sleep while you were out here all by yourself, it just doesn't
seem right, with you being so young and a female and all...I feel like I should be the one protecting everyone" and I
kind of laughed and said that it was okay, don't worry about it, you have a family and I don't so I don't mind. And then
we sat down and I mentioned how I was just gazing at the stars and talking to God and that I was alright so he really
could go back to bed if he wanted to and he said "Yeah, I wasn't exactly eavesdropping, but I overheard you thanking
God for us being in your life and I really felt like I had to say something about that...*he paused* why do we mean so
much to you anyway?" And I smiled and got to tell him the story of how they saved my life and he goes, "Wow, for real?"
and I replied "Yep, God is amazing isn't He?" and John whispered "I guess so...wow..." and we ended up chatting for a few
hours and then I finally got John to stop being stubborn & go back to bed and I settled back down to finish watch for that
night.

Somehow I dozed off for a few minutes and next thing I knew it was getting to be light and everyone was moving around
inside the cabin, making breakfast & getting ready for the day. Ben came out & said "Alright, your turn to get some sleep
now, get going!" and I smiled and said thanks and as I was getting up, Korey came out and said that we were going to have
a group meeting first & I nodded and went inside & while the kids ran around outside, we sat around in a circle and decided
that since our last supply trip failed we were going to have to go back within 24 hours and try again. Everyone was against
me going since I'd not slept but I said "give me an hour to sleep and I'll be good again" so they did and I napped and then we
took off, John, Ben, Korey and I,, Jen had volunteered to stay with the kids.

While in town, we got plenty of supplies and were heading out of city limits when we heard the warning sirens going off, we'd
been seen. Naturally, we took off running and ducked into the nearest pile of brush & weeds. Well, next thing we knew,
a group of people were sent out of the town to look for us and they had flashlights and such, well we knew we couldn't wait
there so we snuck deeper into the woods trying to escape. One lone person wandered to where we were and I was following
behind, the last one in the group, Ben leading the way back, and when we heard them, we all froze and barely breathed.
My heart was pounding and before we knew it, the guy was calling back-up...he'd found a footprint.

I knew the only chance for us to survive would be a diversion so, when the guy searching for us, ran back out to the road,
I handed my bag of supplies to John and whispered, "You guys saved me, now let me do the same for you." As soon as it
registered in his mind what I was about to do he fiercely whispered back, "No way! You are part of our family now!" And I
responded, "I've served my purpose here, you guys keep doing what you do and give Alex & Xav hugs for me and tell them
I love them!" As I was about to take off running for the search party, Korey grabbed me in a hug and said, "This means more
to us & the kids than you will ever know" and we all had tears & one last hug before I took off.

Naturally, I was found & captured but the band never was. I was tortured & killed for information of their whereabouts
but I never cracked. Somehow, it really was a good dream =) I still wish I knew what these dreams meant...grr my mind!!

No comments: