Tuesday, March 31, 2009

sometimes the only way to see through the dark is by the starlight

Ever since I created this blog, I've been searching for a title that I feel accurately describes it and to be honest, I've searched pretty deeply for the right one and nothing I came up with felt completely right....until this one.

Elenkalina
~sometimes the only way to see through the dark is by the starlight~

This came to me today shortly after I read Elraen's most recent blog post. In her blog she wrote, "...seeing the “Whispers in the Dark” lyrics in Emerwen's g-chat status in April of 2007 and asking what song it was, because the lyrics were so beautiful" and I began to think about the song itself and just exactly what it means to me.
Some of you who read this know, although most do not know, that last summer I came incredibly close to committing suicide. If it were not for the song "Whispers in the Dark" by Skillet and it's chorus of No! You'll never be alone! When darkness comes I'll light the night with stars, hear the whispers in the dark, I would not be sitting here typing this.
So anyway, I was considering all of this when the idea for my blog name came to me. Funnily enough, Elraen was the one who helped me with the name Elenkalina :] I was trying to figure out how to make it say "starlight" and it was originally Elenkulina, but she helped me fix it...I'm glad someone knows what they're doing! :P
Basically, that's the meaning of my blog title...this is my place to create and express myself, somewhere I can go when everything IS dark and I cannot see. It's my own space and I hope that someday I can look back on this and the posts I am making and see how I am different and learn how I've changed and realize what God has been doing when I cannot see it.
~Liz

No comments: