Friday, May 22, 2009

when i should be sleeping, i think about the stars...and Narnia

Hey all :)
So tonight, for the first time in about 2 years, I watched the Chronicles of Narnia on dvd :)
[the lion the witch and the wardrobe in case anybody cares lol ]
and I remembered why I love movies like this so much.

They take you away to a purer place, a place where love really does conquer everything and no matter what happens, things always turn out okay. I started thinking about what life would be like if we lived in Narnia instead of America...imagine:

*No president,, but instead a regal king (who just happens to be a lion)...and who happens to be an amazing Savior at the same time.

*Never having to worry about anything because it's all under Aslan's control

*Being completely free,, and even when you mess up, you can still find that freedom.

and of course
*Never having to worry about the scars of the past. In Narnia, Edmund betrayed his own family to seek glory and fame for himself and it only led to his capture and almost demise. But...because Aslan is so full of love and grace, He offered himself in the place of Edmund on the stone table,,dying as a traitor when He was not one....Giving Edmund another chance at life.



And with all these thoughts running through my mind, wishing I could live this fairytale, I remembered something: I can and I am...because:

Aslan is C.S. Lewis's equivalent to Jesus Christ and it's all allegorical. We are free and we never have to worry about a thing if we give all control to Christ [[Aslan]].

Sure, I still wish I lived in the beautiful fairytale world of Narnia,, but maybe in the end there is a reason fairytale lands do not actually exist,, maybe it's to remind us that our life is one big fairytale with a beautiful ending ♥

No comments: