Saturday, February 14, 2009

Just...Let Me Explain--a poem

Running away from the darkness
Trying to find the light
I am starting to lose all hope
and wanna give up the fight.
Walking through the shadow of death
Trying to find my way out
Everywhere i turn seems to be such darkness
And no one hears me when i shout..
I can yell and scream and cut too
BUT the scars do eventually fade
But still no one is around to care
and my best friend is the blade..
I feel so invisible and alone
And my mask is starting to fade
The tears are starting show
And my heart feels betrayed.
Blood drips to the floor
As i make another cut
No one is around to save me
So its time to sow my heart shut...
Love is one of my greatest fears
One that was used through hurt and pain
The night i stopped feeling love
Was the night i started to feel guilt and shame...
The tears fall so heavily down my face
And my heart is broken and shattered
My life is a mess and falling apart
I am starting to wonder why i even matter
I am like a wilted rose
A rose that has just turned dull and black
No life is left in me anymore,
I am slowing losing it and goin to crack...
Depression has become my life,
And cutting is my only hope
Hiding the hurt and pain under long sleeves
To hide the way i deal and cope..
I say i am fine everythings fine
But really its a lie to cover the pain
And the problems that come my way
To wear it on my wrists is the only way to explain...

**note: this was not written by me, but a friend and I feel like
it portrays my emotions and that is why I post it here**

2 comments:

Elraen said...

*hugs Liz super tight*

I understand this, so well. As I hope you know.

God is love, and His love drives out fear, and pain, and hate. His scars define us, not our own. <3

Lethie said...

This is like reliving the past. wow. but im SOOO glad we have both overcome. <3 you