Monday, August 24, 2009

Looking Back.

While cleaning my room the other day, I came across a notepad with something I had written and I decided to share it here. I don't recall how I began writing it, what it was for or why I even wrote it, but I thought it was decent so here it is:


Two voices. A struggle.

"You can't do this" voice one cries, "I love you too much!"

As I sink to my knees onto the floor, dark stains appear on the carpet; tears splashing down right beside. The other voice speaks more clearly:

"There is nothing you can do anymore-you don't belong here, just say goodbye"

More tears and my body begins to shake.

Quietly, from far away the first voice whispers, "Stop. I love you. Please don't."

Quicker tears, less shaking.

Slowly the blade falls from my fingertips, hits the floor without a sound.

This time, I win.
I feel so free.

The pain still grips me...but...

His peace is strong.
So much stronger.

No comments: