Thursday, February 10, 2011

i don't blog anymore

i just realized that i don't really blog anymore.
and i wondered why that was and i remembered that
i'm working on closing my thoughts off from people.
i'm getting tired of being judged by the people i consider
friends, just because i'm not living up to their standards
and because we have that "friend" status, they feel like it's
okay to say things that normally one would never say to someone
else. not only am i tired of being judged, i'm tired of everyone
trying to FIX me. i wasn't asking to be fixed, i wasn't expecting
to be fixed. i just wanted a FRIEND. someone who will say
"i'm not going to try to change you, but i will be here if you need me"
i can't even COUNT the number of times i've listened to other
people's problems and stories and situations and never ever judged,
never said a negative word, maybe offered up ideas of encouraging
thoughts when asked or warranted but i've never ever tried changing
anyone. i only really have ever known one person (in real life, no offense
meant to my online friends) who has just sat there with me, not even
needing to make conversation, but also not judging what i say when i DO
talk. no. after high school when i was struggling, even though this person
hated me, they still sat with me one day through a movie and gave me
company. someone to feel safe with. this person is still willing to listen
even when they don't know what to say, who is, despite what they think,
a good friend. but i shouldn't be asking for that from anyone anymore.
it's an expectation i shouldn't ask of people, their lives are too busy. whatever.

but then who am i kidding? i'm a horrible friend. so how can i even tell
what makes a good friend?

anyway. the point of this blog is to say that if you're following along and
reading, that you shouldn't be surprised if i don't post anything of
substance for a good long while.

the conclusion of this jumbled mess?
i should not blog at 5 a.m.
even if i AM wide awake.

1 comment:

Elraen said...

"The clouds may veil for one moment but they cannot endure... beyond all clouds there are stars at night."

I know that I am very, very far away, and that is something that I can never change. But I also know that I love you, whether you write or are silent.