Thursday, August 26, 2010

thoughts on ephesians.

on the disciple message boards, www.forum. disciplerocks.com we've been reading through the book of Ephesians and i posted some thoughts/revelations i had and i thought i'd share them here as well for anyone who actually reads this...

alright so the last couple of days i've been reading through Ephesians and writing down things, verses and thoughts that God's been speaking to me...it's not very organized or super clear so hopefully my jumbled thoughts make sense to whoever wants to read them =)

alright, v. 1:18-21

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come."

in this, i was struck by the thought that that incredible power is accessible to us
and we are meant to tap into it!! the very same power that resurrected Christ
is available to us in our daily lives. how intense is that!
----

v. 2:22

"And in Him you too are being build together to become a dwelling in which God
lives by His Spirit"

He longs to not only commune with us and have relationship but He ALSO wants us to be so open, changed and ready for His presence that He can dwell within us at any time!

the pure, perfect, blameless, Holy and Mighty God of the universe longs to be
SO CLOSE to US that we are one.

um, i don't know about you guys but i KNOW that i don't always reflect God as if He
were dwelling with me. convicting...but in a good way.

how can we refuse Him?
what would happen if instead of giving into temptations or fear of man, we yielded
ourselves to Him wholly so that He may dwell where we are?
----
v. 3:12
"In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence"

because of Christ we have the right to be bold and to stand boldly...and FREE
in front of the Lord God Almighty.
...that's something i've always known but it really struck me as i was reading,
that we are not bound to Him, but free to come to Him.
----
v. 4:30
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption"

now, i don't really have any thoughts on this verse i was actually hoping someone else here had insight into what the meaning & purpose of this verse is and how it's significant to the text as a whole. i've never really studied ephesians and don't really know anything about this part.
----
v. 6:19-20
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly as I should."

I think the part that really hit me here was that I've always esteemed Paul in my
mind and here he's admitting that he doubts and fears just like the rest of us.

um, now that i've posted like...half a novel i'll let someone else post lol

No comments: