Sunday, June 20, 2010

learning.

please note, this is not my own writing, i have only copied it here because it was so eloquently written and it stirs my heart.

Father to you, O Lord, glory is defined and wonder is displayed in your majestic garb of holiness.

O Lord, I have not seen you in flesh, but I have seen your faithfulness. I have tasted your goodness and survived by your abundant grace.

My Savior, I have something to confess. In a time of little peril and small trials, I have fallen victim of unbelief.

The feet of my identity was shaken by waves of doubt. My mind was like a calm water, suddenly unclear, raging and dangerous by floods of confusion.

I cried out to you, and you pulled away. Why?

Why would you desire to watch your servant struggle; your beloved child suffer so?

My hands grasped for you in the stormy tempest, but I was pushed under the waves by lies and false testimony of the enemy.

“There is nothing to save you.” He laughed defiantly. “Doesn’t this whole God thing seem mysterious to you?” They taunted me relentlessly.

O Lord, I wasn’t hearing your voice, so these torments went without rebuke. A stronghold of darkness had been established and it laid a shadow of fear and confusion in my mind.

My worship felt incredibly empty, and my praise was a labor without relief.

“Come and rescue me!” I cried to you. “I yearn to hear your voice. This is all! This is my plea! Without it, I am lost and I cannot bare to live.”

Nothing I do prospers and my body begins to take toll in weakness. I confess my sins to you and the brethren, though it earned me no peace, or gift of manifestation.

Finally in a moment, in a silent moment of day you answer my supplications.

The Lord said to His son,

“Have you not asked me for a deeper faith? Did you not request for me to refine you, to strengthen your identity in me? Haven’t I told you that I would prepare you for greatness?” The Lord paused for me to ponder and agree. Then He continued. “Will you forsake me in such trivial moments? Will you so easily forget my promises in times of trouble? Is my Word like dust that it just blows out of your heart and soul without effort? Do you so easily forget what price your never ending grace has cost me? Was your identity so fragile and your foundation so inconceivably unstable?”

Then He lifted me up with encouragement, in His bosom of love and grace. “Stand under the power of my might! Humble yourself in my sight and I will lift you up! Put your trust in me and you will be healed. Remember that I delight in you and I have planned to make you prosper!”

I Worshiped Him

I am in awe of your ability to forgive me Lord. I held my heart at bay from a lack of trust. I confess my trust is in you, O Lord, and my heart is completely yours. My life is in your service, My King!

My shackles are gone, my burden has lifted and my joy has been restored! Praise to the Everlasting Father the Prince of Peace!!! Amen.

No comments: