Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seeking Direction

For the last few weeks I have felt like God is trying to tell me something...and I am completely at a loss for what that may be. I've never been very good at figuring out what He trys to tell me, I'm not the greatest listener and I fully admit that. The only thing I do know is that it involves some sort of new direction for my life...although I know nothing more than that. I feel I must confess I have not been reading my Bible like I should be and I know that is most likely the only place I will find the answers I seek. I've been praying more than ever though, and I feel that is good, but I have been praying for others...this is new for me because in the past I've said a sentence or two for other people but mostly focused on my life...and now I spend tons of time praying for my friends and not really me anymore. Ever since school started I have felt like my life was changing forever, now I'm in college, now I'm fully an adult. Sure I may still live at home, but I am completely responsible for myself now...and it terrifies me many days. I know I only have a few weeks left until my freshman year of college is over...and then it will be summer...job time, and I'm hoping and praying a time to reconnect with God. I'd like to blame my lack of study of the Word on school, but I know that it is very much my choice more than anything...and I am very willing to change, I know I need the change. So I guess what I am asking for is some prayers here, for anyone who reads my blog that is, I know not many do. But I really need some prayers for this...some big change is about to unfold I can feel it coming, but I need help seeking God's will in this...Thanks everyone

No comments: